Interactive Map of Algonquin Park
An interactive map focussing on Algonquin Park. The various selectable overlays provide links to the historical and nature reserve zones, geotagged photos, and bushlog and notes pages. Additional overlays are planned.
The following overlays are available:
- Bush log and Notes
- The locations indicated on the map correspond to locations that one or more Bushlog or Notes pages specifically mention or discuss. Clicking on the point will bring up a list of the relevant pages.
- Historical Zones
- The various protected Historical Zones of Algonquin Park are indicated. Clicking on the zone will bring up another page with a zoomed in map and information about the zone if available.
- Nature Reserve Zones
- The various protected Nature Reserve Zones of Algonquin Park are indicated. Clicking on the zone will bring up another page with a zoomed in map and information about the zone if available.
- All photos on this website that are geotagged show as a red dot on this overlay. Clicking on a red dot brings up a panel of thumbnails of all photos at that location. Each thumbnail links through to more information about the photo including a larger version of the photo.
- Some Tom Thomson Painting Locations
- We continue to search for the location of Tom Thomson paintings executed in 1916 when he was located at Achray. (This project is described here: Tom Thomson at Achray in 1916). This overlay shows the locations of paintings that we believe have been located with a high degree of certainty. Clicking on a location will bring up a summary page with a zoomed in map, an image of the painting, and links to further information if available.
Disclaimer: The maps and overlays are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended for navigation. The base maps tiles and some overlays have been obtained from external sources and have been used without modification or verification. Some feature names have been modified for consistency across this website and with other sources. While these data are believed to be mostly accurate, there are likely some errors. Consequently, any use of this data is not risk free. If you use this data, that risk is entirely your responsibility.
The Base Map tiles are © ArcGIS.
Algonquin Map tiles (both V4 and V5) are licensed . They are from algonquinmap.com / Jeff's Map LTD and are used with permission and without modification.
The "National Topographic", "Elevation", and "Land Sat7" map tiles are licensed under the © Open Government Licence - Canada.
The Nature Reserve Zones and the Historical Zones are reproduced by mcelroy.ca under Licence with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources © Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2019